Monday, February 23, 2009

Milo's coming...

I'll hopefully have something for you guys today, but it's not going to be a full strip. This weekend was all music and driving, so there was no time for comic-creation. I drove to St. Joseph, Missouri to sing in the wedding of a friend. The wedding was beautiful, and the reception a blast. I was happy to do it, and my part seemed to go over well. I sang "A Simple Song" by Leonard Bernstein, and it was such a nice space for singing. Only thing is, St. Joseph is 8 hours drive from Chicago, so I'm beat. I drove the 8 hours after working an almost full day on Friday. Left around 7:30 and got in around 3:30. Then I was too wired to sleep, because I'd been drinking caffeine to stay awake.

Needless to say, I wasn't feeling very fluffy or cloudlike. Milo had to go on the back burner this weekend. But that's cool, because I've got the next part of the multi-part story simmering. I think you'll dig it...if you've been digging it so far. And if you haven't, well, then maybe you'll start, because it's going to take a bit of a turn in a couple strips or so. Much as Lou makes me smile, he's not the whole story here.

The fun thing about doing this is that I've really started to think that I've got something that's continue-able. I've just met these characters as you have, and they're starting to really talk to me all day long. I'll see something or someone and I'll hear Milo or Hank commenting on the situation, which-while a bit unnerving-is really cool.

Anywho, might post something later tonight, if I can get my wake up enough to get my pen hand running on my lunch break. Hope everybody's Monday is as sunny and blue as mine looks.

No comments: