Friday, February 12, 2010

So I stapled together that first one. Staples are NOT seams.


These are the first two attempts at turning Hank, into what I'm calling Pocket Plush. The final will be a limited edition red suede, with possible later editions done in something a little more felt-ish. (and cheaper)

I'm happy with the way he's turning out. The first one is really horrible, but it was really just a way for me to see what something like this might look like. I've got his string down pretty solidly, I think. It's raffia wrapped heavy gauge wire, and it stands him up very nicely.  It also means that you'll be able to wrap him around your desk-lamp or the neck of your least favorite Munny.  There are some tweaks I'll do to the final pattern, I think, but overall the image is there.

In other news, it's Valentine's day and you don't have a date.  I'm not judging.  I'm just saying maybe you should stop hanging around the water fountain, filling up your Hello Kitty water bottle, and pick up a Milo Pocket Art instead.  All the good Valentines include one.  Even the LATE Valentines.  And man, are you late.

Me, I'm totally not late.  I got mega reservations for tomorrow night.  Dinner, dance, and a swank hotel.  I love me some Valentine's day.  Give your sweetie a squeeze, and if you ain't got a sweetie, then go squeeze a stranger.  Just don't blame me if you get slapped after.

No comments: