Monday, January 5, 2009

Milo Comic Strip #2


This strip introduces Hank, a red balloon. Hank's last comment is a topic of discussion at our house right now, as my girlfriend thinks it's too much, that I shouldn't alienate kids by having him swear. I think it's not really an issue. It's not as if I have a daily strip in the Tribune. And anybody who's reading these needs to know that this strip is sometimes going to deal with bigger concepts and sometimes going to have humor that's a bit sharp. That's just who I am. I think on the whole, web comics are for thinking people, and not for those who would tune out because of a "dick" comment. I love my girlfriend for trying to make sure that I don't get myself in trouble, but I also think that if I ever got picked up for a gig where content was an issue, I could probably put together a Sunday Funnies kid-safe portfolio pretty easily.

If you're thinking you don't like what Hank says, just don't listen to Hank. He's kind of a "jerk" himself. See how easy that was?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute and funny. However, I agree with your girlfirend, cut off swear-words: "humor that's a bit sharp" doesn't need to be PG rated.

Potential Tribune editor.

Sean Archer said...

Ha ha. Very funny, woman. (that's my girlfriend, up there posting comments)I'm not worried. The Trib is going down in flames, and the interwub is where its at anyway.