Friday, January 9, 2009

So Milo's getting another character.


pushed around by =rammkitty-stock on deviantART

So far I've got Hank the balloon, Nimbo the stormcloud, and the omnipresent threat of airplanes. Soon I'll be adding a very important character named Eva. She's going to be based on Rammkitty-stock's photo above. Every good comic strip has a way in for the reader. Sometimes that way in is the main character, like in Calvin and Hobbes, or in Charlie Brown. The everyman is your lead. But in something more fantastical like Milo, that's set in the sky, you need to have a foot (or at least a toe) on the ground, and that's going to be Eva. She's a slightly grumpy teenage girl who likes to climb her town's water-tower, and sometimes the radio tower, because she likes getting away from her family, and likes being closer to the sky.

Liberty Meadows has Brandi because Frank Cho loves to draw statuesque women with curves. I like slightly gawky nerds, so that's what you'll get from me. You'll learn a lot more about her as time goes on, but I thought I'd introduce you to the inspiration. I'd thought about adding the character from the beginning, but when I found this one image, I really had my hopes set that rammkitty would be hip to posing. She just noted me this morning that she's cool with it, so I'm going to get started on some character sheets for Eva, and trying to find ways to work her into the strip. Cheers, rammkitty, and I hope everybody has a great day.

No comments: